I’ve been REALLY slacking on my messages. Some of the recent ones have been posted, but lately I’ve had other things going on (both work things and headspace things) so I have a giant backlog. I promise I will eventually get to everything, but don’t take it personally if something you’ve submitted (like a redraw) isn’t up yet.
I’m getting really tired, so I might not be able to get to everybody’s responses tonight. I really appreciate everybody’s input though. :)
Also, I wanted to note that tomorrow I’m going to be at Slut Walk Toronto. I don’t know if anybody else is going, or even if anybody’s in Toronto, but I figure, why the hell not right? If you want to meet the person behind this blog, I’ll be there. :) I won’t be hard to spot, I’ll be the East Asian girl with the angel wings. (I take any excuse to wear angel wings.)
(using submit because links.)
I just wanted to bring to your attention that this post isn’t actually professional or official by any means, which I know goes against your policy.
The artist first had it on his dA here: http://maxx-marshall.deviantart.com/art/Portal-2-302371147 where he makes it clear that it’s not actually an official image.
It’s been removed. :)
Anonymous asked: how many submissions do you have atm? do you get many that you reject?
I was actually going to write a post about why submissions might not get posted because I get so many letters and submissions and I know people must be wondering why their’s aren’t up. But since you asked, I’ll do a little Cole’s Notes version now :) The most common reasons are:
1) It’s already been submitted. This one is probably the most common. I have a really large archive now, and I don’t expect everybody to have read it all and known, but it still means that it’s already been put up. Sometimes, it’s not even an old picture. And there are a few pictures (Liefeld ones, or parody images) that get submitted to me on a near constant basis.
2) It doesn’t fit the criteria. The most common one that gets submitted that doesn’t fit is when a woman is showing butt and one breast. That’s not the boobs and butt pose (a common misconception seems to be that it is), and unless it’s a situation where she’s supposed to be fighting, or pointing a gun, etc, I won’t put it up.
3) It’s Winx or Power Puff Girls or etc that’s being submitted and just “oh my god look at the giant heads”. Sometimes I wonder if that’s just trolling and people trying to bait me into putting Care Bears on the blog or something. xD
4) It’s a question I’d much rather answer privately because I don’t want to clutter up my blog. A lot of people ask me my opinion on a particular comic, or writer, or artist, and I’d rather answer those without needing to put it as a blog post. And if you don’t have a tumblr account, I can’t do that.
5) You submitted it during a time I was really busy or stressed, and it’s stuck in the back of the message queue. This one I feel really bad about and I wish Tumblr gave me a better way to organize and sort my messages so it isn’t just having to scroll and load back. I get a lot of messages every day, and often a lot of submissions require me to have to unbreak a link, or figure out what the link to a broken image is, or look at the image to see if it fits the criteria, so it does take some time and effort. Also, lately I’ve been busy with my job and GRS application among other things, so some stuff have been stuck in the backlog and I really apologize for that and I’m trying to get to it as soon as I can.
I think those are the 5 most common reasons a post isn’t put up. :\
So in case people missed it, yesterday I made an email account for this blog:
People are already emailing me for a Toronto meet up, so if you’re interested in it, let me know, and I’ll email everybody at some point and see if we can arrange something. :)
Also, if you have non-submission feedback (including links), you can also use this email address. Honestly, it’ll be easier for me to keep track of links submitted to me and to get back to any questions or just keep compliments in my inbox, than doing it on tumblr.
Picture submissions, asks, etc should still be done on tumblr.
Okay, there were a couple recent submissions that I need to get in contact with the people who submitted them, but their tumblrs don’t have ask boxes
or fan mail turned on, so i guess I have to do it this way:
jasonrainville, your submission doesn’t say where the images of the female and male characters came from, and I need to know that, could you please message me with that info? :)
the-gbadehan, your submission said there was a Red Sonja picture included, but the submission is blank, so can you please resubmit the image or link?
Thanks to both of you :)
Edit: Okay, so fan mail is only for followers. xD (I really am such a tumblr n00b)
Do people like the "caption contest" posts? Should I have more?
(I find them to be a lot of fun to read. You guys are really creative. :) )
My boss, who was a wonderful person, a caring person, and did a lot to help trans people and advance trans inclusion in social service agencies, passed away. He took his own life. He was a mentor to me, and taught me a lot about being a social worker. He was patient, and gentle, and always had time for me, and he always knew when I had my own personal issues that I needed to talk about. He was always there for me, and he was special. I just wish I had known what was going on in his life, and been able to do something… even though I know this isn’t my fault… I can’t help but feel it is right now…
I can’t say who he is without giving away who I am (not that that’s a huge giant secret since people have recognized me on the street before) and I don’t know if he would have wanted me to say who he is anyway, but… I just wanted to give him a shout out on the biggest platform I have. I called him Professor Xavier because he led a team of 5 trans youth, and he was bald. He liked the nickname.
Professor Xavier, you will be missed.
Also, I might not be able to get to every submission sent to me in the next week or so. I hope people understand. :\
This has been requested a lot and it’s something I’ve wanted to get around to for a while. It’s not complete because right now I can’t remember every character and tag I have right now. Also I need to fix up the “random tumours/tumors” tag because I kept spelling it differently each time and I should probably pick a better, non-offensive name for the tag anyway. If anybody can think of any characters, artists, etc I’ve missed, please feel free to let me know in a message. :)
So on the side you should see an “Index of Tags” tab now under the “about” tab. :) That will take you here where you’ll see the blog tags sorted by Artist, Company, Characters and Series, Genre/Medium and Others (mostly all the funny stuff, redraws, parodies, webcomics, etc are there.)
Sometimes not every post is accurately tagged (especially the older ones, because I hadn’t yet become as familiar with being able to tell which artist did what so a lot of them don’t have artist tags, also a bunch of the terms hadn’t been used yet) but I’m trying my best to go back and fix them.
I recommend, before you submit something that you know the artist or character, to check the tags to see if it’s been submitted already. :)
Anyway, I will hopefully tighten this up soon when I have more time, and I hope this helps people navigate the site better! If you have more recommendations on how to improve site accessibility, please let me know! (But keep in mind I don’t always have time to do it immediately.)
I just added a bunch of new tags to the index (for those that don’t know, there’s now an index for the blog under the “About” tab), including a few artists I missed (Adam Warren, Adam Hughes, Art Adams, Pat Lee, Randy and Sarah Queen, Randy Green and Al Rio) and a bunch of characters I forgot about and also PLAY Magazine under companies. Also, there’s a few more “offenses” tags added. :) Oh, also, the caption contest tag is added to “Other” if people want to see previous caption contests. (We’ve had a couple before the 2 recent ones.)
Remember, just because an artist is there doesn’t mean I have anything personally against them, nor do I think that they regularly do this. Tags are just a way for me to organize my blog and for people to navigate the site.
I’ll keep adding in the next few days as I remember things and add new tags, so if this interests you, keep checking the index!
Edit: Billy Tucci’s tag had been linked under several artists. That’s been fixed. :)